The Catholic Chic is a personal and faith-based blog on the life of a Catholic woman in the modern world.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Reading Thomas A Kempis


Earlier, I blogged about how Brandon Vogt inspired me to create a Catholic classics reading list. I have now started reading books from that list and I must say, this experience is starting to become a fascinating journey for me.

I have been reading the Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis and it is by far one of the most authoritative Catholic books I've read since the Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It contains a lot of wisdom and his words have inspired and sustained me to remain steadfast despite the many turmoils in my life.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants straight answers about the faith and how to live it. Thomas A Kempis does not exactly mince words so prepare your heart for a challenging yet fulfilling reading experience.  

Get a free e-book of this from iBooks or check out your local book stores for hardbound copies!

Journeying with you,
The Catholic Chic 

No comments:

Post a Comment