The Catholic Chic is a personal and faith-based blog on the life of a Catholic woman in the modern world.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Going Technical: My first CSMS experience!!!

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for,
the conviction of things not seen."
-Hebrews 11:1

Last weekend, I participated in the 3rd Catholic Social Media Summit held at Lingayen, Pangasinan, Philippines.

Conference selfie with Kuya Shok and Ate Ilsa.

Thankfully, many people from Ablaze communications and Singles for Christ volunteered to join the Program Team and invited me to be a part of them. 

Volunteers from CFC, SFC, PYM of Antipolo, and CBCP.

In all honesty, I have never joined the Program Team of any event, so my confidence level for this was near zero. The nearest I came to showing presentations was clicking powerpoint slides way back in college.

He doesn't call the equipped but equips the called.

I have heard this quote being said over and over in Catholic conferences, specifically in Singles for Christ and Youth for Christ conferences. I believe this as true and I felt it 100% during my service in Lingayen.

My husband the VO.

Like I said, I don't know the workings in the technical booth but I said 'Yes' to serve God and He placed me there. 

The great thing about my emptiness and inexperience is God was the one who filled and equipped me to serve.

Faith! He will take care of you.

When I arrived earlier in Day 1, I was already having problems because I did not have a laptop that was compatible to the projector. Then come Alvin and Dea who had the perfect laptop and the perfect adaptors!

The Tech booth.

When speaker 1, Michael Lobrin, came in. I was also having difficulties starting up his presentation. Thankfully his personal assistant came in to help me. I wasn't able to get her name but I praise God she came in to aid us.

At lunch time, I remember Tricia and Jeff teaching me shortcuts for easier managing of the videos and presentations. We didn't have a "switcher" so we were organizing all presentations in one laptop and the transitions weren't presented as clean as we wanted. Nevertheless, they taught me techniques to make the presentations transition as smoothly as possible.

Top L-R: Shane, Shok, Dana, Jacq, Eric, Dea, Alvin, Jeff
Bottom L-R: Chrixy, Sky, Tricia
In timing presentations, calming me when I'm panicking, and being my sub during breaks, Dana and Dea, our Director and Assistant Director respectively, aided me through all that. They were also my support system during the technically tedious presentation of Bernard Canaberal.

Praise God for these people!

All in all I praise God for the opportunity of serving Him in the CSMS and for allowing me to encounter His angels, the program team, as my guide. This experience was a baptism of fire for me but He nevertheless equipped me to fulfill my duties. I just had to jump in and say 'Yes' even if I was anxious.


Sneak: Program team "After Day 1" Party Dance. We praise and thank You for the joy of service! 





And for that, may God be praised!

Love,
The Catholic Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment