The Catholic Chic is a personal and faith-based blog on the life of a Catholic woman in the modern world.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Jim Caviezel's New Movie: 'When the Game Stands Tall'

  "I am not afraid of my faith." 
- Jim Caviezel


I learned from Raymond Arroyo on Twitter that 'When the Game Stands Tall' has hit screens in the US last August 22.

I have been waiting for this movie to be shown in Philippine cinemas this month but I suppose I'll have to wait until November to watch it.

I have loved Jim Caviezel's performance since The Count of Monte Cristo and The Passion of the Christ. I believe this new movie will be another inspiring breakthrough in Hollywood.


From Google images

Watch the Official Trailer here:



Exclusive Interview

Also, here is Raymond Arroyo's exclusive interview with Jim Caviezel on EWTN. Jim talked about his experience playing Coach Bob Ladouceur in the movie. Enjoy!


"We're not looking for you to play the perfect game, that's impossible. What we're asking of you and what you should be asking yourself is to give a perfect effort of every play from snap to whistle. That you can be depended on. And in life, champions are not made through a lack of adversity. Champions are made because of the adversity." 
- Bob Ladouceur as quoted by Jim Caviezel

Who is this movie for?

Jim Caviezel: "For all those boys who were like me, they didn't think they had a shot, maybe God is calling them to do something greater than they can ever imagine. Boys that want to become men someday, not guys, but they want to become real men."

---


I hope you enjoyed watching the interview as I did. After a whirlwind of CG-laden epic movies, there hasn't been an inspiring movie like this. I hope and pray you would support this movie. 

God bless you all!

The Catholic Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment