The Catholic Chic is a personal and faith-based blog on the life of a Catholic woman in the modern world.

Monday, September 1, 2014

On Full Dependence and Trust

From The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis

God has blessed me with so much more than I asked for. There was a time when I had more money and material things than I needed. I felt then like I had no need of God and relied solely on myself and my personal success. But when God saw that these were corrupting me, He took them away. 

Now, I believe He is teaching me so much more about financial stewardship. He is also teaching me to value the little I have and to share it with others. I used to be really selfish and I didn't want to give to others. But now, the less material things I have, the more I am able to share.

More than that, He is molding my heart to have full dependence on Him. He gave me supportive parents who understand what I'm going through. He gives us basic necessities, Godly friends and a parish community, and productive hobbies which allow us to meet people to inspire us and vice versa.

And true to the bible, He really does take care of me 100% - even my most miniscule whims, He solves. Would you believe that because of blogging, a skin care brand made me one of their brand ambassadors? God knows that I have insecurities about my acne scars. He knows that because of my small salary, I can't afford skin treatments right now, so He blessed me with sponsorship. I know this is a very small concern compared to the bigger problems of the world; but nevertheless, He still blesses me, no matter how big or small.

“Consider how the wild flowers grow. 
They do not labor or spin. 
Yet I tell you, 
not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, 
which is here today, 
and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, 
how much more will he clothe you—
you of little faith!"
- Luke 12: 27-28 

Truly there is nothing that I could ask for that He does not know and cannot give. May I always be thankful for my material blessings but may my heart never forget its source. May I love the ultimate source of goodness that is Christ above all things.

Yours in Christ,

The Catholic Chic 

No comments:

Post a Comment